Meet the supplier: Gutenberg Press
1. What's your company called?
2. What services or products do you offer?
We can offer printing of books in colour or mono, and in paperback, hardback, or flexicover, in short, medium or large runs. We provide book production management from manuscript stage to delivery to your warehouse.
3. How can you help IPG members?
We can assist members with technical advice about book production as well as printing and binding services. We can support with a full turnaround service once a manuscript is ready to be published.
4. What do you enjoy about working in publishing?
The publishing world gives Gutenberg Press the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and contribute to various interesting titles on a wide range of subjects.
5. What do you think is the single biggest opportunity and the single biggest threat for independent publishers right now?
The big opportunity for independent publishers is in the ease of getting books published. Prices have become cheaper and the process is easier. The challenges come from larger publishing groups who are motivated by profits rather than passion for books.
6. What do you want to get out of belonging to the IPG?
We would like to become active members so we can use our experience and expertise to help UK publishers get their books out there.
Visit the Gutenberg Press website