Magic Cat Publishing
Bethnal Green, London (flexi-working)
Competitive salary based on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Please send a CV and design portfolio to Nicola Price, art director [email protected]
21 January 2022
Would you like to turn ideas that matter into bestselling books?
Magic Cat Publishing are looking to expand their team with a senior designer.
We are an award-winning new children’s indie making waves across the industry – and we are excited to be growing our outstanding creative team with this role.
Responsibilities would include:
- Managing the development of content-rich book layouts from conception to delivery under the Art Director’s guidance.
- Working closely with Editorial to make books that are original, engaging and commercial.
- Finding illustration talent for the list and directing illustrators to bring the best out of their work.
- Creating outstanding cover designs that get noticed.
- Building on existing Magic Cat brands, utilising the backlist, and creating unique new products.
- Arranging titles for print and overseeing sign off and proof stages.
- Designing pitch materials for new projects.
- Monitoring and manage the workflow of deliverables and files with a small number of freelancers, as well as co-edition partners.
- Proficient in Abode InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Confidence to communicate visual opinions and ideas within the creative team.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to be agile and responsive to a variety of tasks.
- Capability and flexibility to prioritise and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work independently and carefully manage your workload and deadlines.
- At least 3 years prior publishing experience