Job title: Senior Commissioning Editor, Studio Press imprint
Location: London (flexible home working up to three days per week)
Is the role permanent? Yes
Is the role full-time? Yes
Salary range: £37,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: Applications considered on a rolling basis
Bonnier Books UK is looking for a highly creative and talented senior commissioning editor to join our licensed, trend and issues-focused Studio Press imprint on a permanent basis.
Studio Press publishes a diverse range of high-quality formats for all ages, including fiction, non-fiction, picture books and gift books. We also collaborate with a number of high-profile partners, including licensors like Disney and social media influencers.
The role would suit an exceptional commissioning editor with an ability to spot trends and discover new authors. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to commission and work across a broad range of projects.
- Keep aware of pop culture trends and emerging issues, and put forward regular proposals for new titles to add to the list
- Commission, edit and sign off on a wide range of books, making sure key milestones are kept to and final files are supplied on time
- Ensure the highest editorial standards are met, and that all books are in line with the creative brief, our house style and Bonnier Books UK’s company ethos
- Liaise with and manage third party contributors, including licensors, authors, packagers and other freelance agents that are needed to create a project
- Present your titles at regular new acquisitions meetings and sales meetings
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned, including maintaining Biblio information and writing information sheets
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable track record of commissioning profitable, successful titles
- An advanced understanding of formats, age-ranges and subject matters
- An advanced understanding of the editorial process
- A good understanding of the marketplace and our target audiences
- Excellent people-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent motivation skills
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- A good communicator
- A commercial thinker
- An insightful organiser
- A good role model with a positive, can-do attitude
- Analytical and forward thinking
- A flexible and cooperative team player
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.
- Competitive Salary
- Working with a team of passionate, talented people
- Internal learning and development programmes
- Career Development opportunities
- Fun social events
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.