Company: Sweet Cherry Publishing
Location: Head Office (Leicester)
Salary: Competitive- based on experience.
Permanent, Full time
Closing date: 18/01/2021
In this role, you will be an integral member of Sweet Cherry’s growing rights team. You will be responsible for all foreign and digital rights (ebook and audio) sales in all territories.
Sweet Cherry is a growing team and we are looking for someone who can shape the future of the department through developing new and exciting licensing opportunities for our innovative and outstanding children’s publishing list.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Senior key account management for all foreign rights accounts in all global territories
- Finding & developing new business in all markets
- Attending book fairs and sales trips around the world (Frankfurt, Bologna, London, Shanghai, Sharjah + rest of world) as per sales travel strategy for the year
- Meeting clients and pitching titles
- Negotiating & securing rights deals
- Managing co-edition sales in all territories
- Rights deal fulfilment includes preparing and finalising contracts, invoices, payments and file sending
- Contributing to the overall team’s rights sales targets
- Working alongside the Sales Director to develop bespoke sales strategies in all markets
- Managing all digital rights distribution channels (audio & ebook)
- Working closely with existing digital rights distribution partners and finding new ones for content licensing
- Providing market and customer insights to internal stakeholders
- A proven track record in trade rights and co-edition sales
- Knowledge of ebook and audio distribution
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong research, negotiation and communication skills
- A willingness to drive business forward
- A foreign language is preferred but not essential
What we offer:
- Free tea, coffee and a lot of snacks!!
- Monthly team activity
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: Our flexible working hours are 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
About Us: Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure. We are a positive & fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.