Sales & Publicity Officer
James Clarke and Company / The Lutterworth Press
Kingston Street, Cambridge, UK
UK Living wage
Is the role Permanent?
Is the role full time?
Contact: [email protected]
We are a long-established independent publisher looking for an energetic self-starter seeking their first step in a publishing career. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the publishing industry by working closely with all departments including editorial and accounts to ensure our books reach their readership through a combination of publicity campaigns and the diligent management of key trading relationships.
James Clarke & Co. Ltd houses two imprints: The Lutterworth Press, specialising in trade and scholarly non-fiction; and James Clarke & Co, which publishes works in academic theology. The successful candidate will take on a wide range of experience and would be instrumental in the next chapter of the company’s two-hundred-year history, which ultimately depends on effective marketing.
- Proactively seek opportunities to promote our titles and authors to readers across a range of platforms, including through social media, our websites, author events, reviews, and other media engagements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with trade customers and ensure all books have a smooth passage to the market.
- Liaise with authors.
- Prepare for and attend book launches and major book fairs (e.g. Frankfurt Book Fair, London Book Fair).
- Design eye-catching marketing copy.
- Contribute to discussions about new projects, book cover design, and scheduling decisions.
You will have:
- Good educational qualifications.
- Some awareness of digital book marketing.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent initiative, organisational, and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A keen eye for detail.