Sweet Cherry Publishing
Leicester LE4 1BR
TBC depending on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: [email protected]
Department: Production and Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Based: Sweet Cherry Publishing, Units 1-4, Tolwell Road, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, LE4 1BR
In this role, you will be an integral member of Sweet Cherry’s growing Operations team.
Streamline processes into a defined workflow and manage the editorial programme of a growing children’s list.
- Create and manage schedules with the Managing Editor, Art Director and Operations Manager
- Add all titles to the Title Management system
- Add all titles to the project management/production management system
- Send all metadata live and feeds to all recipients correctly
- Maintain all data on title management
- Add data to Amazon and maintain key data such as dates and prices, availability
- Add new titles to Inflow system
- Take part in development and pitching
- Communicate and keep up to date project schedules and printing schedules
- Monitor schedules and alert team to delays and issues in schedules and help find the solution
- Manage the approval process for sign offs to ensure done in a timely manner and files go to print on time
Essential Skills and Interests:
- Experienced in Operations, Metadata, Production
- The ability to work with Adobe software, InDesign and Stison (or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of book publishing and workflows
- A good understanding of both trade and co-edition publishing
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects environment
- Excellent IT skills
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
About Us: Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure. We are a positive and fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
Company Mission Statement: Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach.
Company Values: Kindness, Fun, Positivity, Collaboration, Helping Society
What we offer:
- Training and Development
- Flexible working hours
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible) Monday to Friday. Core office hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm. (30 minute or 1 hour lunch unpaid)
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays