Job title: Production Coordinator
Company: UIT Cambridge / Green Books
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience
Is the role permanent?: Yes
Is the role full-time?: Yes, or 3 days/week or job-share
Contact details: [email protected]
Closing date: Monday 13 August
UIT is a successful small independent publisher with a great reputation. We publish popular science under the UIT Cambridge imprint; we publish all aspects of sustainability – from eco-building to organic gardening – under Green Books.
We’ve just had our best year ever and need an organized and enthusiastic person to help us develop further.
In return we offer training and an introduction to publishing that’s second to none.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the publishing director on producing new books and reprints
- Liaising with freelance editors and designers to ensure timely delivery of material
- Ensuring the descriptions of our books (“metadata”) are up to date and error free, ready for distribution across the book trade
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent organizational, administrative and planning skills, able to multitask and prioritize
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Numerate, with IT skills. Good Excel is essential. Adobe InDesign is a plus
Apply to [email protected]
sending your CV and a covering letter saying why you are interested. Matching your skills and experience to the job, whether that experience was at work, or in your education or wider activities.