Production Editor, Academic
Newgen Publishing UK Ltd
Stroud office or remote
£21,500- 24,000 depending on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Full time but flexible
Contact details: apply via this website
Newgen KnowledgeWorks is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELL publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a Production Editor to come and work in our busy academic department. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
This is a permanent, full-time position. It would suit a candidate with at least two years publishing experience.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
- Oversee production of a list of academic titles, from receipt of author's manuscript to supply of final files to the client.
- Liaise with the author, the client and suppliers.
- Manage the schedule and the budget for each title, working to scales prices and a client deadline.
- Provide support for QAs and other tasks.
- Commission and supply work to freelance copy-editors, indexers and proofreaders as required; monitor their work and provide feedback as necessary.
- Keep both the client and author updated on the production of their title and respond to any queries.
- Liaise with the typesetter, sending edited text for typesetting and corrected proofs for revision.
- Collate corrections from the author and proofreader onto one set, and check revised proofs against these corrections.
- Supply final files to the client on time and on budget.
- Attend team meetings on Skype or Teams as required.