Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Is the role permanent?:
Is the role full-time?:
End of April
Troubador Publishing is looking for a Production Controller to join a busy book production department, producing beautiful books in all genres.
- Responsible for each individual author and project assigned to you, from the point of contract receipt, right through to the book's official publication date.
- Coordinating the production of books, from manuscript to delivery of the final product. To undertake the production work on books including typesetting, design, proof corrections and commissioning freelancers as required.
- To manage the production process of multiple books simultaneously as the named Production Controller, to liaise with other staff as part of this process and to follow company procedures in the production process.
- Communicate with other departments in ensuring the smooth running of the publishing, marketing and distribution processes.
- Handling the scheduling of all book deliveries from the printers, whether this is to the Troubador warehouse or authors, and communicating with those printers to ensure the smooth running of this process.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about books and can offer excellent customer service
- An eye for detail and a good level of grammar and spelling
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent tech skills (Adobe InDesign experience is a plus, but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to explain complex or technical processes or topics to authors effectively
- Ability to multitask - you’ll have a lot of projects ongoing at the same time
Nice to haves
- Adobe InDesign experience
- Experience with the book production process
- Experience working directly with customers