Job title: Production Editor
Company: Intellect Ltd
Location: Bristol (remote working on a temporary basis due to the COVID situation)
Salary: £18.850 - £23, 950
Is the role permanent? Yes, permanent role
Is the role full-time? Yes, full-time role
Contact details: Heather Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 16 April 2021
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, genders, abilities and ethnicities.
Intellect is an independent academic publisher for scholars and practitioners teaching and researching in the creative industries.
You will have a proactive attitude; good time management; ability to work
independently with excellent communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others. We are looking for someone with sound publishing skills who is interested in developing these skills further as part of our small, friendly team.
Our staff enjoy a very supportive working culture and job fulfilment - we are committed to a healthy work/life balance. Benefits:
• Generous annual leave, 25 days plus bank holidays incl. your Birthday Day
• Contributory pension
• Gym membership
• Childcare voucher scheme where applicable
• Cycle to work scheme
• Coordinate day to day editorial management of some of our books and journals
• Liaise with and provide support for our authors, editors and their contributors
• Liaise with and monitor the work of our production stakeholders - copy editors, typesetters, printers and distributors to ensure a timely and efficient production process.
• Project Management skills
• Superb administrative skills (including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google G Suite)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills: dealing with a varied workload, meeting deadlines and able to work on your own initiative
• Attention to detail, resourceful and proactive
• Degree-level education with a keen interest in the dissemination of research
• Strong customer service and proofreading skills
• Print production experience