Job title: Operations Manager
Company: Sweet Cherry Publishing
Location: Leicester LE4 1BR
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Is the role permanent? Yes
Is the role full-time? Yes
Contact details: [email protected]
Closing date: 17/09/2021
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our growing team in children’s publishing. This role would suit someone with 2+ years experience working in an operations or warehousing environment.
This role comprises two key parts:
- Working with the Production Controller/Buyer to manage the production workflow
- Manage inventory and operations to ensure timely and efficient deliveries for UK and export customers.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the supply chain and the coordination of customer compliance requirements.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing change in business processes
- Experience working with inventory management and order processing software
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of logistics, supply chain or stock control, or have a background in inventory or sales
- A good understanding of Adobe including Indesign and Acrobat
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in all G Suite programs
- Working closely with the Managing Editor, Art Director, Head of Sales and Publisher to make sure that all internal schedules are uploaded to the schedule management software and adhered to on a daily basis
- Running weekly production meetings - ensuring that all updates and delays are communicated to relevant teams and reschedule the delays under agreed deadlines by the senior management team
- Managing Sweet Cherry’s relationship with its distributors and ensure accurate and timely deliveries for UK and export orders
- Ensure that all administrative support tasks for the sales team are complete to a sufficient standard
- Managing and checking stock levels alongside the Head of Sales and ensuring reprints are ordered with the Production Controller/Buyer
- Ensuring all new titles are added to Stison and Inflow with correct schedules, data and images
- Communicating printer deliveries with the warehouse operations manager
About Us: Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure. We are a positive and fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
Company Mission Statement: Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach.
Company Values: Kindness, Fun, Positivity, Collaboration, Helping Society
What we offer:
- Training and Development
- Flexible working hours
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible) Monday to Friday. Core office hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm. (30 minute or 1 hour lunch unpaid)
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays