Job title: Marketing Executive, Adult Consumer
Company: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Location: London WC1B 3DP
Is the role permanent?: Yes
Is the role full-time?: Yes
Contact details: [email protected] for enquires only
Closing date: 17 October 2021
Marketing Executive, Adult Consumer
We are looking for someone creative, adaptable and passionate to work across our award-winning adult list of Fiction, Non-Fiction and Cookery and support our friendly, innovative marketing team. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next career move, full of ideas about how to reach a wide range of readers. You’ll have an understanding of how to reach audiences through smart copy and eye-catching design, and be able to work confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll join a dynamic, collaborative and friendly marketing team that works across Fiction, Non-Fiction and Cookery, reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing. Ideally you’ll have 1-2 years’ experience in publishing and/or marketing & publicity, eager to take the next step in your career and help to create campaigns that break out debut talent, build bestselling names to new heights, and connect readers everywhere with their next great read.
Bloomsbury’s celebrated adult list is home to literary award-winners, page-turning bestsellers, and unmissable cookbooks. It includes legendary names such as Khaled Hosseini, Madeline Miller, George Saunders, Susanna Clarke, Tom Kerridge and Dishoom; as well as bestselling, breakout debut voices such as Reni Eddo-Lodge, Lisa Taddeo, Kiley Reid, Stuart Turton and Ella Risbridger.
- Creating and implementing innovative, measurable marketing campaigns on individual titles, alongside supporting senior colleagues on campaigns – planning strategically across all formats (physical, eBook, audio), delivering within agreed timelines and budgets
- Developing positioning, pitch and campaign strategies from acquisition onwards
- Devising social media strategies for titles and channels, including creation of engaging and share-worthy digital content, and some channel management alongside the Digital Marketing team
- Briefing design teams and freelance designers to produce top-quality visual assets for campaigns
- Liaising with media agencies to book online and offline advertising campaigns
- Creating top-quality, persuasive retailer materials to help sales teams sell in
- Communicating marketing campaigns to all internal and external stakeholders, including Bloomsbury’s global offices
- Proactively pursuing new marketing opportunities and new ways of reaching readers, staying abreast of key publishing trends and the wider book market
- Contributing to discussions around strategy, content creation and growth for the Raven Books and Bloomsbury Cooks communities
- Working closely with publicity colleagues to ensure campaigns are fully and effectively integrated
- Team superuser for the new Bloomsbury.com website, using CMS to manage updates on adult titles
- Administrative responsibilities to help with the smooth running of the wider marketing team, working closely with the Group Marketing & Publicity Director to manage agendas and invites for key internal meetings
- You’ll report to the Senior Marketing Manager, and the Head of Marketing, Consumer Adult
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Prior experience in publishing desirable but not essential
- A passion for adult trade books
- Good knowledge and understanding of the current marketing mix, including traditional and digital marketing opportunities (e.g. social media advertising, AMS)
- Experience of using social media and working with influencers
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Good time management skills, and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent copy-writing skills and an eye for great design
- A team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to research and establish new partnerships with external brands and organisations
- A basic understanding of design software (In-Design/Photoshop) desirable but not essential
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a mandatory working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 17th October 2021 via the link below
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.