Is the role full time?
Is the role permanent?
Yes, after probationary period
Starting salary £18.5k, depending on experience
Contact: [email protected]
Reports to: Managing Editor
The Role: Would you like to be involved in the creation of children’s books? If so, we want to hear from you!
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s publisher based in Leicester. We are now looking for a Junior Editor to join our team.
Our ideal candidate will be detail-orientated and organised with excellent writing skills and a positive work ethic. They will have good communication skills and an awareness of current trends in the children’s market.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Editing and proofreading manuscripts in line with our house style
- Writing blurbs, synopses, similar supporting material
- Making corrections to InDesign files
- Circulating blurbs and synopses around the company
- Checking ebook files
- Supporting the Editorial team by completing office admin duties
- Researching and understanding the current children’s book market
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing and editing text
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional spelling and grammar
- Good understanding of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- A strong, proven interest in children’s books
- A positive, can-do attitude, willingness to learn and the ability to work from your own initiative
- A sense of fun!
About Us: Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are a positive and fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
Company Mission Statement: Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach.
Company Values: Kindness, Fun, Positivity, Collaboration, Helping Society
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (flexible), Monday to Friday
Core office hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Sweet Cherry Publishing, Units 1-4, Tolwell Road, Leicester, LE4 1BR
Term: Permanent, subject to a 6-month probationary period
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Starting salary: £18.5k, depending on experience
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]