Job Title: Foreign Rights Executive/Manager
Company Name: Quarto Publishing
Location: London, N7 9BH
Is the role full time? Yes (35 hours per week)
Is the role permanent? Yes
Contact Details: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th October 2021
Foreign Rights Executive/Manager
Job Location: London, UK. We currently work a flexible combination of office and home-based working hours
The Quarto Group is looking for a Foreign Rights Executive or Manager to join its market-leading London-based Foreign Rights Children’s team. The Quarto Group is the leading global illustrated book publisher and distribution group. Quarto Children’s creates more than 450 books a year. These books are sold by the Quarto Foreign Rights team into more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
Quarto requires an enthusiastic and organized Foreign Rights Executive or Manager to sell our wide range of children's books in France and French-Speaking Canada. Fluent French is a must for this position. Quarto Children’s fast-growing portfolio includes a great diversity of titles from novelty books to license, award-winning picture books and educational titles. This is a rare opportunity to join a large co-edition group and a performant international team based in London close to King’s Cross station.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Manage and increase sales targets for our children portfolio in France and French-Speaking Canada.
- Working in close partnership with the line management and the publishers to ensure the suitability of the imprints of the portfolio and grow the sales by providing and coordinating creative feedback on content and taking part in establishing and driving the team’s strategy to exceed targets.
- Based in London, with travel up to 10 weeks a year. While international travel is currently limited, when it fully resumes you will travel up to 10 weeks a year, attend international bookfairs and report on customer and market feedback.
Skills and experience required:
- Fluency in French language is desired; both written and conversational.
- International rights and/or account management experience in publishing.
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiating skills and know how to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Commercial awareness.
- Organised and able to collaborate efficiently with internal/external colleagues in a busy and fast-paced environment, being part of a market-leading co-editions sales team.
Please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations, to Violette Nico, Foreign Rights Director: [email protected]
The successful candidate must possess the right to work in the UK. Quarto Publishing plc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and treatment, ensuring an inclusive and diverse environment.