Foreign Rights Executive
Nobrow / Flying Eye Books
The role is based at our East London office on a hybrid working pattern of 3 days office based / 2 days home based (or fully office based if preferred).
Is the role full-time?
Is the role permanent?
Marie Bédrune ([email protected]
We are seeking a motivated and organised individual to join the Nobrow / Flying Eye Books team. This is a full-time, permanent contract, starting on 1st of July 2022. The role is for a rights professional who has a strong interest in children’s and illustrated books to work across our two imprints and be part of our success in this fast-moving, fascinating, international area of our business.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Managing assigned territories with a view to maximise rights sales turnover and profit, creating a sales strategy to meet annual targets
- Handling the fulfilment of co-edition printings in your territories including reprints, working closely with our production, editorial and design teams
- Creating and amending contracts for all foreign rights sales, and coordinating their sending and return
- Proactively building and nurturing good relationships with existing and potential customers
- Researching and identify new prospective customers and new opportunities in the rights marketplace
- Attending the Bologna, Frankfurt and London bookfairs and following up on interests
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritise
- Great initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong numeracy skills
- Perfect written and spoken English as well as competence in a foreign language – Spanish particularly sought after
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- A strong interest in children’s literature and/or graphic novels and comic books
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK. The role is based at our East London office on a hybrid working pattern of 3 days office based / 2 days home based (or fully office based if preferred).
We want to develop and attract talent as broad as the readers we reach with our books and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We employ people based on their abilities, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality or socio-economic background.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by a covering letter, along with your salary expectations to Marie Bédrune ([email protected]) with the subject heading Rights Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 27th of May. Early applications are preferred.