27,546 - £32,403
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
link for full job description and applications: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/8l82qcq94f
18 September 2023
The Usborne Publishing Fiction Editorial Team is a committed and busy team of five. Passionate about children’s fiction, we all work on a list of thirty-five titles per year, across 7+ illustrated fiction, middle-grade fiction and YA publishing as and when needed, ensuring that we all have a strong grasp and working knowledge of our list and the titles within it. We are looking for an organised and creative Editorial Assistant who can work effectively in a fast-moving and demanding department. The successful candidate will have at least twelve months’ editorial experience and can provide support to the team in all aspects of the book production process, including keeping systems and records updated, proofreading, maintaining schedules, assisting with reprint management and liaising with authors, agents and internal departments.
The key tasks of the role:
- Providing support to the fiction editorial team on a wide range of editorial tasks, including proofreading final layouts, checking print pdfs, listening to audio recordings and administration on ebooks.
- Logging and managing submissions for the department.
- Managing and organising diaries for meetings internally and externally.
- Taking minutes and writing meeting reports for circulation accurately and in detail.
- Overseeing reprints which might include reformatting, updating or refreshing endlims.
- Working on catalogues and writing copy for Advance Information sheets
- Managing invoices.
- Inputting data into Biblio.
- Communicating with stakeholders both internally and externally including with authors and agents.
For this role we are looking for:
- At least 12 months’ experience of working in a publishing office, with an understanding of proofreading and proofreading marks.
- A meticulous eye for detail. You will need to be able to proofread and key in manuscript changes independently.