Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: [email protected]
31 January 2022
Hay House is the UK’s leading publisher of non-fiction books, audio products and online courses in the personal development, holistic health and spirituality space. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated editorial assistant to join our busy central London office. This is a varied role that involves working with many departments and is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about books and keen to gain an understanding of all aspects of the editorial workflow.
The role involves:
- Creating engaging, relevant and informative copy for covers, fact sheets and our twice-yearly catalogue.
- Working in InDesign (training will be given) to adapt US-originated files for the UK market and prepare them for print production.
- Reworking of US cover copy for the UK market.
- Handling reprint corrections and liaising with design and production colleagues to ensure that all changes are made in a timely fashion.
- Managing our automated submissions process for unsolicited manuscripts.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with authors, and internal and external colleagues.
You will have:
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable spelling and grammar, a keen eye for detail and the ability to write engaging copy. You will work across multiple projects so must be proactive, organized, able to prioritize effectively and work to tight deadlines. Strong administrative skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way are key. Knowledge of InDesign, MS Office and the mind, body, spirit field will be an advantage.
If you fulfil the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Hay House employs people on the basis of their abilities and we welcome applications from any individual, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022