Boydell & Brewer
The position is based at our offices near Woodbridge, Suffolk, with flexible/hybrid working options available subject to agreement.
£21,000 per annum. Qualifies for annual profit share dividend.
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Please email your covering letter along with your CV to Mark Kavanagh at [email protected]
20th January 2023
Boydell & Brewer is seeking to appoint an Editorial Assistant to support new content commissioning and acquisitions on its prestigious Classical Music and Modern History Lists, reporting to and working closely with the Editorial Director.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Being the primary point of contact for correspondence and liaison with authors, ensuring a high standard of author care throughout the publishing process.
- Supporting the Editorial Director in keeping the publishing programme on schedule through close project management, liaison with authors and timely updating of project tracking platforms.
- Preparing manuscripts for handover to the Pre-Press department in line with required standards.
- Organising peer review for titles under consideration and contract.
- Liaising with other external parties and partners.
The successful candidate be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload.
- An ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and accurately, both in writing and verbally.
- A keen attention to detail balanced with an ability to deliver on time.
- Technology proficiency, particularly with MS Office applications.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take on responsibility for achieving the outcomes needed from the role.
- University level education or equivalent.
Please go to https://boydellandbrewer.com/careers/ for full information about the role and the company.