Editorial Assistant (Job share)
dependent on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: https://www.quarto.com/aboutus/careersdesc.aspx?seq=136
25 September 2023
Are you a creative person with a high attention to detail? You could be our next Editorial Assistant working in our brand-new office in London Southbank.
Quarto creates inspiring books for adults and children published across the globe. As an integral part of the Adult Trade Publishing Team, the Editorial Assistant will help liaise with authors, illustrators, and other departments to produce high quality books on time and to budget.
Contract: Permanent, Job share
Closing date: 25 September 2023
Working hours: 17.5 hours a week, 2.00pm -5.30pm Monday to Friday (3.5 days a week)
We currently operate a discretionary hybrid model, with three half days in our London office and two half days working from home.
About the role
This role is primarily working on the White Lion and Leaping Hare list, but will involve working on all our Adult imprints: Frances Lincoln, Aurum, Carnival and Ivy. We publish across a broad subject range, including, gardening, food and drink, art, popular culture, sport, travel, history of Britain and London, issues and activism, feminism, mindfulness and LGBTQ+.
What you will be involved in:
- Conducting picture design, potential authors, competitors, and other market research
- Drafting, editing and proofreading flatplans, jacket copies, presentations and synopses, and catalogue material
- Administrative support by processing invoices and contracts, sending out packages, assessing archives etc.
- Review of eBook and audio titles prior to release
- Managing the reprint process, including creating new prelims/updating covers with new prices etc
You will be a quick learner, highly organised and attentive, who enjoys being part of and supporting a busy team in a fast-paced environment.
You will be able to show you can:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Liaise with external suppliers, authors and contributors
- Meet deadlines and to prioritise tasks
- Work well without supervision
What we can offer
A supportive, open environment with development opportunities, as well as the following benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday per year, full-time (increasing up to 30 days per year), plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts on selected shops, retailers, and restaurants
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Summer hours
- Free books scheme
- Active social and diversity committees
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the closing date and state the vacancy name in the email subject title.
Please ensure you cover the following:
- Your motivation and match with the role requirements
- What appeals to you about this particular role
- What key skills, experience and achievements do you have that you think are relevant to this role, and why. Please provide examples of how you have used or demonstrated those.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we only be able to respond to candidates selected for interview.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
We employ individuals based on their abilities and welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, belief, age, or sexual orientation.