Job title: Editor/Assistant Editor
Company: Biteback Publishing
Location: London (though currently WFH)
Is the role permanent? Yes
Is the role full-time? Yes
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 March 2021
Biteback Publishing are seeking an efficient, enthusiastic Editor or Assistant Editor to join a small, busy team publishing fast-paced politics, current affairs, autobiography/memoir, history, espionage and sport.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, the newest member of our team will be responsible for steering books through all stages of the production process, from original manuscript to print-ready files. With that in mind, we’re looking for:
– Solid copy-editing experience, ideally gained within a non-fiction book publisher
– Knowledge of the book production process
– Excellent proofreading and attention to detail
– Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
– The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
– Good communication skills, with experience of liaising with authors
– Familiarity with Adobe InDesign software
– A keen interest in politics and current affairs
The ideal candidate will be adept at swiftly editing non-fiction, with first-class knowledge of language and grammar, a sharp eye for detail, and the ability to work independently.
Please note that this is not an entry-level position; this would be a terrific second or third job for an experienced Assistant Editor looking to take the next step up or an established Editor looking to branch out in a new direction.
Biteback welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities, particularly those who are under-represented in the publishing industry. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during the recruitment process.