Customer Service Representative
Ingram Publisher Services
Milton Keynes MK13, UK
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Apply online https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/IngramContentGroup1/743999796700140-customer-service-representative
Main Purpose of the Job
To participate fully in providing complete information, ordering & system administration services to clients and customers of IPS including through telephone, email, other written and face-to-face contact with clients and customers
- To respond appropriately and swiftly to orders, admin requests, enquiries, return requests, problems and special requests from clients and customers, accelerating these to team leaders and managers where appropriate.
- To ensure all telephone orders for both trade and individual customers are processed accurately within the in-house database as per the Customer’s requirements.
- To make judgements upon delivery methods and select the correct option according to the customers requirements.
- To liaise with other departments within the Company with regards to problematic orders/accounts.
- To proactively engage in dialogue with clients and customers about their businesses and their requirements of IPS.
- To ensure service level agreements with clients are adhered to and where possible improved upon.
- To act as an advocate within IPS for the service needs and expectations of clients and customers.
- To provide accurate information to customers on behalf of the Publisher client relating to title, stock and returns procedures and policies.
- Communicate clearly and positively with other departments and colleagues within IPS about customer and client needs and expectations.
- To take responsibility for the swift resolution of queries relating to any aspect of our service and to communicate actions back to clients and customers including effective management and responses to email and telephone enquiries, ensuring all enquiries have been followed through to completion and customer is kept informed and up-to date until such time enquiry has be resolved.
- To participate in Quality Control feedback to other departments in the Company.
- To provide order processing support as and when required.
- To participate in regular warehouse cover rota, picking / packing, stock replenishment and any other warehouse tasks that might be required.
- To maintain clear records of communications with clients in appropriate filed locations.
- To undertake and deliver projects as specified by your team leader and department manager.
Training & Development
- To undergo continuous personal and professional development in order to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services to our clients.
- To undergo ongoing training in the use of IPS systems, and to train to use new features of our systems as they are developed.
- O Level/GSCE level education required
Requirements of Role & Personal Attributes
- Have good, clear written communication skills including professional management of email
- Have a professional telephone manner and skills
- Be available to attend meetings with clients and customers face to face and by teleconference, where appropriate.
- Display positive, cheerful and proactive behaviours at work and when representing the company.
- Display good problem solving skills
- Be calm under pressure
- Actively participate in, contribute to and record internal and external meetings as required
- Ensure actions arising from meetings are promptly followed up
- Display a flexible attitude to your workload and team colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme