Content & Insights Manager
dependent on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: https://www.quarto.com/aboutus/careersdesc.aspx?seq=111
17 March 2023
We are looking for a creative copywriter to work in partnership with Editors and Marketers to refine descriptive copy, key selling points, BIC/BISAC/THEMA codes, and keywords for all UK titles as part of the book's publishing strategy.
You will be responsibility for crafting compelling copy for each new title including catalogue and online descriptions, author bios, key selling points, and relevant keywords. You will be utilising metadata best practices to maximise title discoverability, as well as offering insights to the editorial team related to trending topics and possible future publishing.
The main responsibilities include
- Ability to write, schedule, track and oversee the development of copy
- ensuring quality and accuracy of copy through careful proofreading
- ensuring our copy remains relevant and current, including author biographies
- Adding trending keywords to appropriate backlist titles
- Providing copy for Amazon A+
- Collating and presenting data from third parties such as Nielsen and Amazon to share sales and trend information
The successful Candidate will have:
- Superior written communication skills, with the ability to write persuasive copy for multiple audiences with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to adhere to multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adapt as job and/or organisation changes.
- Understanding of and appreciation for enthusiasts and enthusiast publishing.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing, and desktop publishing programs.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, promotion, or publishing.