dependent on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: https://www.quarto.com/aboutus/careersdesc.aspx?seq=119
20 June 2023
About the role
Joining an experienced and friendly team, you will be responsible for PR and marketing strategies that connect readers with authors and books.
The main tasks will be:
- Devise and implement PR and media campaigns for key authors and projects. These will be complimented with advertising and social media campaigns.
- Work closely with festivals, other events organisers and bookshops to secure events for our authors.
- Secure long-term brand and media partnerships for key titles and categories.
- Grow relationships with journalists, key ‘publishing influencers’ and thought leaders within important subject areas.
You will have experience in securing strong media coverage, influencers quotes and endorsement, brands, and media partnerships, implementing various trade and consumer marketing activities and have robust hands-on experience of social media content creation.
You will be able to show:
- Experience in PR and/or Marketing, preferably within non-fiction publishing.
- Ability and experience in managing top-tier authors and agents’ expectations.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant media and strong relationships with key contacts or/and thorough knowledge of marketing levers including social media advertising.
- Ability to create and implement strong social media campaigns.
- Effective presentation skills and excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we only be able to respond to candidates selected for interview.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.