Bibliographic Data Manager
Is the role permanent?:
Is the role full-time?:
Contact details: [email protected]
Verso Books are seeking an experienced Bibliographic Data Manager.
- Developing and managing systems and workflows for data collection and distribution, and ongoing reviews, working across a range of depts.
- Managing ONIX metadata feeds to a range of recipients.
- Asset management of epubs, text files, cover images.
- Backlist bibliographic data clean.
- Stock management.
The applicant should have:
- At least two years experience of coordinating data collection and distribution.
- A strong systems aptitude.
- Experience with Virtusales Bibliolive software.
- Experience with ONIX metadata provision – at least two years.
- Good MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of, and sympathy with, Verso’s intellectual project.
Verso Books is the leading radical publisher in the English speaking world with a 50 year history. This is an exciting opportunity with a growing company which, as well as working with numerous distributors and booksellers, is developing its own significant ecommerce business. We are also a committed diversity and inclusion employer.
The role encompasses the overall management and implementation of our internal data collection and distribution to a wide range of recipients, including data aggregators, distributors, booksellers, ebook vendors, and our own website. In addition, it will require an overhaul of all the bibliographic data of our extensive backlist.
The person will make a significant contribution to our sales as they help us to develop the discoverability and availability of our extensive backlist and new titles.
Salary range is £32-£39k per annum, depending on experience. The position is based in our London office.
Please apply with a CV and short covering letter to [email protected] with the subject line: DATA MANAGER APPLICATION by no later than October 30th.
If you have not received a response from us by November 15th please assume you have not been successful for our shortlist.