Job Title: Administrative Assistant – French Speaking
Company: Usborne Publishing
Is the role full time? Yes
Is the role permanent? Yes
Salary: £25.592 - £30,105 plus generous benefits
Location: London (hybrid working after probation)
Contact: Katie White – Head of HR
Closing date: Sunday 19th September 2021
How to apply: Applications exclusively and only direct through our recruitment portal link here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/31shtu99hw
We are looking for a pro-active and highly organised individual to join our busy Foreign Language Publishing department. This role sits within our French language publishing team, who look after all commercial and operational activities related to Usborne’s French publishing programme, and liaise between our French distributor, our in-house French editorial team as well as our production department in order to ensure that all French editions of Usborne books get to the market as planned.
This is a varied role and will involve a wide range of tasks such as:
- Preparing presentations and promotional materials
- Maintaining databases (including book visuals and metadata)
- Responding to French customer enquiries
- Liaising with the French distributor and internal departments
- Other general administrative tasks and responsibilities
You will have native level written and spoken French and English language skills, and confidence with your grasp of grammar in both. The key skills we are hoping to see are:
- A meticulous eye for detail to be able to work on a wide variety of projects requiring accuracy, be it inputting print orders or checking metadata.
- Excellent time-management skills so that you can stay on top of the fast-moving and changing workload.
- Have clear and confident communication skills in order to work with a wide range of stakeholders both in the UK and in France, internal and external.
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of the Office 365 suite, a good working knowledge and understanding of Excel is a must.
- Have experience of working with databases, any familiarity with Biblio software would a distinct advantage.