Acquisitions Editor, Education
Peter Lang Group
negotiable, depending on experience
Is the role Permanent?
Is the role Full-time?
Application link to apply: https://forms.monday.com/forms/d9932cf60cddf094a900da344d0b10e5?r=use1
What a difference a job makes!
Peter Lang Group AG is an international publishing group with headquarters in Switzerland and with subsidiaries in the USA, Germany, UK, Belgium and India. We have been publishing academic content for over 50 years and publish worldwide in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Peter Lang is seeking a motivated acquisitions editor to grow and manage our award-winning Education list. The ideal candidate should have a background with a minimum of three years in academic publishing and experience in the development and acquisition of Education titles, particularly in the Higher Education adoptable Reader/Textbook market.
The Acquisitions Editor will report to the Group Publishing Director and will be responsible for managing the current publishing program and acquiring in a range of research monographs, textbooks, handbooks and reference works for the scholarly market.
What awaits you:
- Expansion of our publishing program; ownership and strategic and operational responsibility for this award-winning list
- Active collaboration across teams based internationally to deliver success to our publishing portfolio
- Cultivation, development and acquisition of new series editors, editors and authors
- Active management of the pipeline of new and existing projects
- Engagement with conferences, academic symposia and specialist events
- Creation of preview and promotional texts as well as appropriate proposals for social media activities
- Close cooperation with other departments such as editorial assistants, production, sales, marketing
- a graduate level degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences
- an open-minded and committed person with an academic network or understanding of how to cultivate one
- a good command of English; other languages would be an advantage
- professional experience in editorial
- excellent organizational skills
- commercial skills and an entrepreneurial approach
- KPI-focused approach
- team spirit and an open personality
And you will be:
- a person of conviction
- a great communicator
Have we piqued your interest? Then apply directly by copying and pasting the link below into your browser, telling us why you are the right person for this job.