Marketing Executive x 3
Sweet Cherry Publishing
22k pa depending on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: [email protected]
23 September '22
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an award-winning independent book publisher based in the Midlands and we invite you to join our mission to make books accessible and affordable for all children.
Do you love books? Are you keen to get more people reading? Do you have a passion for creating engaging content?
We’re looking for 3 marketing executives across digital marketing, graphic design and launch campaigns to deliver our marketing strategy, promote our books and support our brand growth.
You’ll get to work collaboratively with an inclusive, fun and creative team of passionate publishers and storytellers to market our growing list of children’s books. You’ll also work closely with the sales team to support our yearly targets, brand growth and sales strategy. The role also comes with opportunities to attend fun events, work with major brands and play a key role in the growth of our publishing company.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- Working with the Head of Marketing to plan and execute marketing plans
- Raising awareness of Sweet Cherry’s brand, books, authors and illustrators
- Maximising exposure of Sweet Cherry Publishing titles in keys markets
- Delivering creative marketing strategies to increase the reach of our products, partners and brands
- Planning and delivering digital communication campaigns across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Linkedin) and digital channels (MailChimp and WordPress)
- Planning and delivering both print and digital advertising campaigns (Google, Facebook, Amazon) and tracking ROI
- Planning and delivering B2B and B2C events, including book launches, festivals and conferences
- Liaising with B2B marketing accounts and advertising partners
- Working with an annual marketing budget to increase reach and maximise sales
- Communicating marketing plans to key internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with style guides to create printed and digital marketing material
- To act, where appropriate, as an ambassador for the company, presenting new titles and marketing plans at sales, retail and library conferences and promoting products to consumers
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience working in publishing
- Proven experience in delivering communication strategies for brand growth
- Experience with digital marketing (incl. Google Analytics, Meta for Business, keyword research etc)
- Experience in trade publishing, preferably in children’s books
- Understanding of the different audiences in children’s publishing
- Understanding of the children’s media industry
- Good Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat skills
- Great Microsoft Word/Googlle Docs, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Energy and passion to promote reading for pleasure
- Eagerness for author care and relationship management
- Excellent IT skills and experience quickly learning new software
- Impeccable executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development
- Opportunities for career progression and leadership
- Out-of-office days for meetings and events
- Staff purchases at cost price
Hours: Full-time: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Core office hours: 9.30am to 4.30pm
30-60 minute lunch break (unpaid)
Salary: from £22k (depending on experience)
If you would like to be part of our fun, diverse and award-winning publishing team, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Marketing Executive’.
Sweet Cherry champions diversity and inclusivity in publishing careers. We welcome job applications from people with diverse professional backgrounds and life experiences.
Our recruitment process is free from discrimination, including based on race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender and sexuality.