The 2023 Independent Publishing Awards
We are proud to launch the 2023 Independent Publishing Awards!
This is your chance to reflect on the year and celebrate all that you have done. We have honoured nearly 90 brilliant companies and 20 inspiring individuals over the first 16 years of the Awards—and whether you are a previous winner or a first-time entrant, we would love you to be part of this year’s edition.
The categories to enter
There are 13 Awards to enter this year. There’s something to suit every IPG member, and you can submit for as many as you like. The categories are:
- Five Publisher of the Year Awards—in Trade, Children’s, Education, Academic & Professional and Specialist Consumer sectors
- A Newcomer Award for recent start-ups and the Young Independent Publisher of the Year for the rising stars of the industry
- Six Awards for success in different areas of publishing—International, Marketing, Audio, Metadata, Sustainability and Diversity and Inclusivity.
Our five Publishers of the Year will join the shortlist for the overall title of CPI Independent Publisher of the Year. We also welcome nominations for the Services to Independent Publishers Award, which celebrates people and organisations who support your business.
An overview of what the judges are looking for can be found here.
Entering is quick, easy and free
Our Awards entry platform provides all the help you need for your submissions. In response to feedback, we have refreshed the entry forms to make it even easier to outline your achievements and impress our judges this year. If you have entered before you can login to the platform straight away; if not, you will need to register—a fast and simple process.
Before you enter, you can read criteria for each category, pick up top submission tips and get answers to FAQs. You are very welcome to contact the IPG team for any more guidance, especially if you are new to the Awards.
Deadlines and dates
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 1 February 2023. All submissions will be treated in strict confidence by our panels of publishing experts, and we will reveal their shortlists in late February. The winners will be revealed at a lunchtime ceremony at the Oxo Tower Brasserie in London on Wednesday 22 March. Do join us for a very special celebration of independent publishing.
Why you should enter
Still need a reason to submit? Here are five.
- An award or shortlisting boosts your business and raises your profile
- Recognition celebrates the hard work of your colleagues
- Completing entries helps you reflect and plan for the future
- It’s completely free
- Our Awards platform makes submitting an Award entry painless.
The Awards couldn’t happen without our sponsors, and we are grateful for support from CPI, Clays, Deanta, Gardners, HP, PLS, Proquest, Read Media, The Bookseller, The PBShop, Virtusales Publishing Solutions and Zebralution.
After a challenging 2022 it’s more important than ever for us to reflect on achievements and celebrate success. Enter the Independent Publishing Awards now!